Monday, January 30, 2012

I had the most wonderful dream...

Somehow I was 12 again... but I remembered my life as it had turned out, now, the real life as 42... and I started doing things with that in mind. I had been given a new chance and this time I was not going to make the same mistakes...

I know
"...you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time with – and usually have similar wealth, health and attitude. So are you hanging out with whiners who just complain about the status quo or people who actively try to live life in a positive way and do things to get them closer to their dreams?
-- Decide to "move" on 2012
and
"...in this information age when messages, images, and information are coming at us almost faster than we can receive them, our brains are creating new neural pathways to accommodate the input. The first time we see an image on a screen... ...our brain creates a new neural pathway to process that image... ...Input always travels the path of least resistance. So the second time we see the new image, it will travel the same route. And before long, the new neural pathway has been stimulated enough to “desire” of itself continued activation. A habit is born. After that, when the brain is not currently occupied, we long for that image... ...Without realizing it, we have begun to crave these places of input, hunger for them, to the point where they can surreptitiously dominate our time... ...Recent studies have also shown that when our minds are over-stimulated, we begin to make decisions without considering the consequences."
- The Battle in our brains

That really means that "company makes you alike it" - so choose your company very wisely.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
-- Oscar Wilde
It's not too late... NOW is the time I decide where I want to be when I'm 72. I hope I can be that 12-years-old today...

No comments:

Post a Comment