Sunday, November 18, 2012

Are Walloons Roman?

In the 17th century a group of Walloons immigrated to Sweden. These people were smiths and their families. Now a lot of Swedes claim Walloon blood.

My family - well... the forefather of my father's family - comes from Sweden.
As far as I know we are NOT Walloons, but... we could be.

And, sure, I could be one of these ladies. Roman ladies painted by different artists.

Henryk Siemiradzki 


 Jean Leon Gerome 


Mary Cassatt 

Henryk Siemiradzki

Anselm Feuerbach; Roman woman

William Holman Hunt

Her eyebrows run right from the edges of her cheekbones 
and almost meet above her eyes. 
And what eyes! 
They are brighter than stars sparkling in a moonless night. 
Her nose is slightly hooked 
and her little mouth as kissable as Praxiteles’ Diana.  
                                   - Satyricon
I just have red hair and green eyes... 
but some influence the 300 years of adding Finnish blood must have :-D
BTW, this is one hairdo for the 1000 days of hair. 
Which is a project I started. And that's it.
I'm good at starting things.

Anyway... I don't mind being Roman :-D Roman women are fabulous :-D

Oh, yes, so 3 it screams about it :-D Totally obsessed with looks, impression and beauty. *sigh*
I wish I could get rid of it.

On the other hand... I suppose there's benefits of that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment