Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Er... I have all kinds of objections to this list.

The main objection will be, that if you don't love yourself now, you won't love yourself better for being thin and fit either. If you don't have the confidence now with the body you have, you won't magically get it by being thin either. If you are not proud of you as it is, you won't be much prouder later.
The truth is that if you work with the inside, the outside will follow... and if you work with the inside and are proud and happy of the inside, and love the inside, you don't give a damn about the outside...

Also, the success rate for people trying to lose weight because they hate their fat selves is very small... you are more likely to keep eating because you hate yourself, than choose better, pamper yourself and your body with healthy food, enjoy exercise and other things you need to do to lose weight. If you hate yourself, if you are ashamed of who and what you are, you will avoid going out, so you will be eating more... it's a vicious circle.

I don't want to lose weight to love myself. I think I'm pretty wonderful person as it is.

I want to lose weight so that the rest of the world will "love" me more. That they won't judge me for being fat and ugly, and punish me for it... You see, beautiful people get everything they want, and to be considered beautiful in the modern society, you must be thin and fit. 
I mean, Miranda Lambert is presented as "proud of her healthy curves". "I'm representing normal girls. It's OK to have a little bit of curve. I'm happy with my body. So many girls come up to me and say, 'Thank you for being normal,' and I'm proud of that," she told Health in 2011. “I’m a size 6 to 8, and I’m totally fine with that. BeyoncĂ© is an inspiration to me — she has a booty and is proud of it.”
SIZE 6-8 IS NOT NORMAL!!! [For the European readers, 6-8 is Swedish size 34-36 and that is really small... Not in model world, where 6-8 is considered "plus" sizes, and sure it's "normal", as in she's not too thin, but normal, average, most common size, the size most women are is 40-42. US 12-14. I am size 50 (US22). So don't come here telling me about Miranda Lambert being on the most beautiful people's list and not being thin, because she is thin.]
Jordin Sparks was just as beautiful she is now 2 years ago, but then she was not on the list... What has changed? She's 6 sizes smaller now... >:->
(Actually, the only one not thin on the list is Adele... and she's a deviation... and damn beautiful. If she was thin, she would be higher up on the list. Anyway, you don't need to be as beautiful as Adele to be considered beautiful by the society if you are thin. )
Yes, I want to lose weight to be beautiful... to look at myself in the mirror and photos and think I look good. I do think thin people look better than non-thin people. Sorry. But I'm an apple, a goblet, which means I'm not all cute and cuddly and soft and sweet as pear-shaped or hourglass-shaped plump women. Sure it's just bull, as there are apple shaped women who look stunningly good in spite of being fat, and I manage to look good every now and then too, even though I'm not thin and fit.

So - even though I can  already wear bikini and tiny shorts and everything else I want to, because they make bikinis of any sizes, and even if they don't, it's not rocket science to make one - the weight is of no relevance - I want to lose weight to look good in bikini and tiny shorts and everything else I want to wear.

And not only to be beautiful in the eyes of the society, but I want the esteem of being thin and fit too... You know, when you're fat people think you're a lazy pig... and that's it. Well... you're also ridiculous and disgusting.
Fit and thin people are seen as active, lively, fun, energetic, interesting and hard-working, with healthy and good values and priorities.They are taken seriously and listened more and they are included more often than fat people.

I want to lose weight to stop being the "fat aunt" and the "fat sister". I don't want to be defined by my looks and my weight. I am interested to know how people will define me when I'm fit and thin.


I am not embarrassed to walk into a gym being fat, because the people there will look at you and they will think you are a great person who has a problem and does something about it. You will find that some of them are even willing to help you, and offer to give you tips, company and encouragement on your way to your dream body.
I am also not embarrassed to run or walk, because I know when I do that, I'm out there doing something to get fit.
But I don't think I look good exercising... and I want to. I don't like the way I look all flushed up, red and sweaty. The better condition I have, the more I can do before I get red and sweaty. So - I want to lose weight to look good exercising :-D

I want to lose weight to be able to move easier. The more I do, the more I'll be able to do.
(Also, I want to be able to run from the dinosaurs and zombies, when the time comes :-D)

I want to lose weight to weigh less - to be able to dance on my toes, to be able to jump and do all that kind of things, like parkour and figure skating, without damaging my body and the environment.
Also, there's a weight limits to some of the things I want to do, like bungee jumping and riding the wind, what ever that is called. (Indoor skydiving?)

Oh, yeah, and I want the flat stomach too... I have always wanted the... er... wrinkles... Flat tummy when sitting, slouching... with the wrinkles... you know, like her top, except with skin and not fabric.
[Her nipples are in wrong place though... ;-)]

I want to lose weight to have a size the fashion industry considers "normal", so that I can buy myself clothes from ordinary stores and internet, and second hand stores, without needing to alter them, without needing to settle with the very limited selection... I want to see something in a shop window or magazine or internet and know that I can go and buy it and wear it.

I want to get clothes without needing to sew them myself.

I want to lose weight to get healthier.
I have sleep apnea, because I weigh too much. I need to get rid of at least 20 kilos to get rid of the sleep apnea too.
I would probably get rid of quite a lot of pain and tiredness if I got rid of the sleep apnea.
My asthma would get better if I weighted less.
My IBS would be better if I ate better, and if I ate better, I would weigh less...
Frankly, a lot of health problems would be helped by losing weight.

And, yeah... I want to lose weight to show them all! I want to prove that anything they can do I can do too, and better!

I want to lose weight to keep a promise to myself, to keep doing something, to finish something once in my lifetime, to persist and work and keep working, and get what I work for. No more disappointments in myself, no more failed promises and resolutions. No more letting myself down.
I want to prove myself that even though the rest of the world thinks I'm worthless, *I* think I'm "worth it", worth the best, worth the investment, worth the sacrifice... That there's at least one person in the world who is willing to give up a lot to give me what I want... At least one person who puts me in the first place.

BTW, you don't need to lose weight for "before" and "after" photos.
Take a "before" photo in ruthless light, slouching, without having washed or combed your hair and brushed your teeth, moping, angry, in too small clothes.
Take an "after" photo with the best lighting, standing straight, holding your head up high, with pretty clothes that are in right size, in nice hairdo and bright, clean smile, thinking about the best thing you can imagine, the person you love most in the world, your favorite food... how your life will be in a year, when you are all thin and fit and with the guy of your dreams...
There's a world of difference.
And maybe it gives you the self-love, confidence and courage to go out there and start changing your lifestyle and eating habits, so that you will get the body you want, too.
Because there really is nothing wrong in wanting to be thin and fit. Just do it for the "right" reasons...

No comments:

Post a Comment