Saturday, June 4, 2022

Vivienne Files III

 This is part II of me adjusting one of Janice's capsule wardrobes. Go to her blog to see more of it, she's really good at what she does.

The next part is "Mileage 4", which are tops. I have used the same tops Janice chose, with one exception. I like the colors of the Ralph Lauren T, and I love the fact it's a T-shirt, but... I hate it :-D I tried to find a printed top with green and pink on it, that would go with all the other pieces, and this is the closest I could get. It's not good, but it's OK.


With these 12 pieces of clothing, you can create 8x4 different single layer outfits, and 4x4x4 different layered outfits - or even more, considering that the button-down shirt can be used as the first and second layer, and the cardigans can all be used as cardigans and as sweaters (worn backward). Now, if one had some vests or waistcoats here, those could be used as layering pieces or tops. The thing with capsule wardrobes is that most pieces should have multiuse, and everything should go with everything else, so that you really can get the 32+ different outfits.

Here's some outfit suggestions with accessories. I've kept it down, only 4 pieces for every outfit :-D

There's a Hermès scarf with the first outfit, and another Vera scarf with the last one. I'm starting to wonder if the teal in the Vera horse scarf is too teal, and it should be more green. 


No comments:

Post a Comment